Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Acad Blog 7 Final Acad Blog

Throughout this course I have learned a lot of things that I thought I already knew. This course has taught me a lot about myself in regard to writing. I learned that my strength is writing with feeling and from the heart. I also learned my weaknesses, which are commas and semicolons. This course has given me knowledge that I use in my other courses and in my everyday writings. I find myself catching grammatical errors all over the place, even when I'm writing a quick text to a close friend.

I feel that I have improved greatly since my writing sample, which was what determined that I needed to take this class. I did not proofread my writing sample at all; this course has shown me the importance and advantages of proofreading your work. Although commas and semicolons are still my weakness, I have gotten much better at them. I am still not perfect and quite unsure at times but I'm progressing and that's what matters most to me. I am a tad bit more confident in my writing ability now that this course is coming to an end, but I am also sure that I will be contacting Prof. Aggen for help in the future. Unfortunately, time management is still a major struggle for me and I cannot say that I have improved much in that area; I will continue to work on managing my time wisely though. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Quisha,

    I'm really happy that you have seen the changes in your writing and how everything has improved! Time management is always tricky for everybody. There just never seem to be enough hours in a day! See you Monday night--I'm looking forward to your presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Quisha,

    I am so happy you are seeing your writing improve and you are growing! I am also growing in my writing skills and I absolutely love it. I can't wait to hear your presentation on Monday! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time management is always better with lots of organizational skills.A calendar, and daily reminders on your phone will help out a lot with that.

    ReplyDelete