Friday, September 28, 2018

Acad week 5 blog

I have learned a lot of very valuable lessons in this class that I hope will help me throughout my time at Trinity. My main goal is to retain the information that I have learned and put it to correct usage. I have also learned to not overthink writing too much; when I overthink I make more errors than when I just write and proofread my work. There are a lot of rules to learn in the English language and it can get very overwhelming at times to grasp all the concepts.


I am not confident in my writing ability at this point. I am not confident in my ability to write because of my fear of punctuation. Punctuation has not been my strong point and it has kept me from having error free blogs and papers. There are days when my writing is stronger than others but, overall I still feel like I could do so much better. My main concerns with punctuation are commas and semicolons; it seems like I can understand them in class but in my own writing I get mixed up. I am still hopeful that by the end of this class I will be great at punctuation. Until then, I will just keep trying and taking in all the corrections that I'm given by Sandy.

4 comments:

  1. I have the same problem with commas and semicolons. I understand it in class or during reading assignments but then I tend to misuse them when writing and proofreading my papers. I’m sure you will eventually be great at writing, we still have a lot of papers to write in the next two years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure that you will be improving your writing. We need to care not doing the same errors of the previous papers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Punctuation is a problem for me as well. I just try to remind myself it's a process and I will get where I want to be with writing someday.This helps me not to doubt myself too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, commas and semicolons can get confusing. I just try to space out each sentence to stand alone and focus on the sentence by itself vs being in a paragraph.

    ReplyDelete