Friday, September 21, 2018

Week 4- Reading For Fun

I am a firm believer that reading is fundamental and that it can also just be fun. I enjoy reading for fun in my spare time;  although I do not have much spare time in my life right now I still love to read whenever I can. From a young age I have always loved to read and hear the adventures of the characters in books, short stories, and the people in magazines. Reading allows me to escape the reality of life for a little while and drift off into a ton of different journeys. I love going on the imaginary journeys that reading takes me on; I find it very relaxing and exhilarating at the same time. I think that books and stories open up my mind to new ideas and thoughts that I may have not had if I had not read the story. To me it is amazing to learn about all the things that the brain of others can come up with and how wonderfully they can share those amazing thoughts with the world.

I also enjoy reading because I think that it is something that you can share and pass on with others. When I read to my children I can see the excitement and curiosity in their eyes as the stories go on. I love to share the joy of reading with my family; even if they do not adapt my same love for reading they can enjoy it with me. Learning is another reason that I love to read for fun. I have learned and continue to learn so many things from reading; things that I would not have expected to learn have enlightened me while reading my "fun" books. I believe that life is all about learning wherever you are and whatever you are doing, activities that you enjoy are no exception to the rule. I hope that more people that I am in close relationships with would enjoy reading as much as I do because I would really like to share those experiences with others around me. I think everyone should give reading for fun a try and allow themselves to be swept away by the fantasy of the stories.

2 comments:

  1. Quisha,

    Those who don't read, or "don't like to read" have no idea what they are missing! When my children were little, we would gather on my oldest son's bed before they went to sleep for the night, and we would read two or three stories together. This gave all of them a love for reading that has continued.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Reading in the primary grades is crucial. Us future educators have to make literature fun! Not only in primary grades but also in older grades. Raising real readers is what we need to better educate them in the long run.

    ReplyDelete