Friday, September 14, 2018

Week 3 acad blog

Hello fellow bloggers, today is my third attempt at an error free blog and I don't know if I'm feeling all that confident about it. I for one reason or another, feel that I get really stressed when trying to write these blogs and essays. Trying to remember where all the different punctuation actually goes kind of gets me overwhelmed because I'm always feeling like commas are my weak point. I can understand them and their placement in the text and even in the classroom exercises, but when I write independently I'm always questioning myself; putting commas and semicolons in the wrong place seems to be my knack. Maybe I'm psyching myself out and that's causing me to error, but I am motivated enough to keep trying and get it right. Hopefully, by the end of this class I will have mastered the art of punctuation.

As I stated before, I'm motivated to get to a point where I am correctly punctuating everything that I write. Chapter three in "On Course" spoke a lot to me and my life as a college student at the age of 33. I see that I put way more value on getting my education and ultimately my degree than I did when I was 19. At 19 I felt like I had a lifetime ahead of me to accomplish getting a degree; now I know that time is of the essence and I expect more from myself than I ever did before. I also feel like I have different motivations now, sure I still want the things mentioned in the reading: more money, better work conditions, better healthcare, higher savings, increased personal and professional mobility but, the thing I want the most is a better quality of life for my children and even their children to follow. Just like I'm motivated to learn correct punctuation, I'm also motivated to obtain my degree with more determination than ever before. I can imagine the end result and it doesn't seem too hard or too far fetched for me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Quisha,

    You have hit the nail on the head! The one way to learn this is to just keep at it until you have it figured out. I know that eight weeks is a very short time to try to learn everything about writing that we should know, but it's great that you continue to work at it. Please keep on going forward, because just giving up helps nothing and no one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the determination you show on this blog Quisha. We do not have the leisure of when we were younger, but we do have stronger motives to keep us trying.

    ReplyDelete