Friday, September 7, 2018

Acad blog week 2

To begin, I feel like the blog for week two is supposed to be a little more text related than personal. This makes writing a blog a little harder for me because there is no certain topic to write about and not questions to be answered. In school I am used to being given distinct direction on what my topic of discussion should be. Even though it would seem that free writing would be much easier it has proven to be difficult for me to develop content and expand on it. I also believe that one of the goals of this class is to enhance student writing in all areas and that this is a form of accomplishing this goal. During this blogging I have found free writing a lot more challenging than I would expect, I really enjoy the guidance of professors in my writing.


Even though I find it challenging to find my own topics to write about in this blog I did find the text interesting and blog worthy. I really enjoyed reading what was to be said about self-responsibility, victim mindset and creator mindset. These concepts and the way Downing explained them resonated with me on a personal level in my life currently with some issues and choices that I am facing. The chapter helped me come to some conclusions on how to move forward with certain things and people. I can relate to this chapter because I am a person who is also encouraging others and myself to take responsibility for the choices you make, the things you do, and the words that you speak. I believe you have full control over these things and you determine the course of your life. This is not to say that God is not at work in our lives but to say that he has given us a free will and we can do what we like with it. I would like to know how do you help someone who you personally know has a Victim mindset to begin to change that thought process?

3 comments:

  1. hello Quisha, I really enjoyed your blog. I was also struggling to figure out how to write this blog. Writing about college text book chapters, I feel, can often be hard to write about. Especially because there is so much information, I never know how to organize it in my thoughts. I have had the victim mindset before. When I decided to fix that. I used tactic of two positive thoughts for every negative thought. Every time I thought as a victim, I tried to think of more things as a creator. after awhile I thought of the positive more than the negative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ali, I think you two positive thoughts for every negative one is a great idea and a great to change your mindset. I'm glad you were able to move out of that type of mindset. I'm going to pass that thought process along to my kids and myself when things feel like they're getting a little difficult. Thanks for the comment, it's good to know that I'm not the only one struggling to write in this class

      Delete
  2. Quisha,

    It's difficult to get someone out of that victim mindset. I think society today focuses on blaming one's problems on other people, which is frustrating in itself. It's wonderful that you are teaching your children personal responsibility. If we could get back to that as a society, this would be a much nicer place to live!

    ReplyDelete